MENTAL HEALTH IS IMPORTANT
EMOTIONAL WELL BEING IS IMPORTANT
HOW CAN YOU IMPROVE YOUR MOOD AND MENTAL WELLNESS?
Your mind is a complicated thing. Your mental state is very often not limited to your conscious. Your mood and mental state also affect your physical self and influences how your body functions. Have you noticed how people who are constantly under stress often look physically tired, haggard and older than their age?
It's stress and a worn mental state that cause these physical manifestations. The lack of mental health, mental “fitness” very often lead to emotional distress and even affect physical health.
Recognize resources for mental wellness. First recognize that mental wellness is a real need. Don’t ignore the signs and symptoms of mental distress because you are used to believing that it's “all in your head”.
Very often, you do not recognize the problem until it has already affected you in a negative way. If you have a problem you can’t handle, it’s important to use the right kind of knowledge to help maintain mental wellness.
- Assess your mental health regularly. Determine your ideal state of mind and then try to see how far you veer off from it periodically. The point here is to take note of 'trends' in your emotional well-being. Have you been feeling happy and satisfied lately or are you generally depressed and have been for some time?
- Set aside time to focus on your mental wellness everyday. Taking a few short breaks to relax everyday can do a lot for your mental wellness. Recognize that it is normal for people to have concerns and worries but that what you need to focus on are real solutions. To do this effectively, you need to make a conscious effort to manage your mental wellness.
- Choose your most effective ways to manage negative thoughts. People have different ways of dealing with stress and unpleasant emotions. When these thoughts enter your head, learn to recognize them and then interrupt the flow. Think of more pleasant things or distract yourself by doing more productive activities. These thoughts will probably appear from time to time but the key is to prevent them from dominating you.
- Learn to prioritize. Very often, the stress that affects mental wellness is caused by the lack of prioritizing skills. Make a conscious effort of completing tasks according to importance. Even if you have a list of 20 things to do in one day, for example, being able to complete seven of them before lunch hour can help reduce the pressure on you.
- Challenge your mind. The mind can get a bit rusty when it focuses on only one or two things. Learn to tread on unfamiliar ground and challenge yourself. Learn a new skill, for example, such as playing a musical instrument or learning chess. Unfamiliar things make the mind work harder because there is new information to process.
BRAIN EXERCISES TO ENHANCE YOUR MENTAL WELLNESS.
Meditation - This is the art emptying your mind of various issues while you focus on a particular matter. It's also a process of contemplating on a subject or series of subject in order to draw some necessary conclusions. Your brain is the seat of mental activity like meditation. When you meditate, you're invariably exercising your brain for greater efficiency.
Writing - Get your brain properly exercised through writing. In most cases, creative writing is the best form of endeavor that can keep your brain busy. If you're the type that uses computer to write, your level of understating is sure to improve. This is because, your brain works faster as you type on the keyboard while at the same time, you're thinking out the wordings you put on. The more you write on daily basis, the more active your brain becomes in dealing with issues of life.
There are many ways to improve your mental and emotional well being. Bottom line is that no matter how busy you get or how stressed you are, you must make time for "YOU" time. Make time to relax and rest your mind, emotions, and mood. By taking steps to improve your mental health and wellness, you will feel happier and healthy overall.